Today we are going to answer frequently asked questions that are trerd from all over the world about Dusshera and Navratri.
12 things you should know about Dussehra.
1. What is Dussehra celebrated for ?
In Hindu mythology, Dussehra symbolises the triumph of good over evil, and the celebration is linked to two different tales. It is said that it was on this day that Durga defeated Mahishasura after a vicious battle lasting for more than nine days. As per another mythology, According to another tale, Dussehra is observed to commemorate Rama's victory over Lanka's ten-headed evil king, Ravana.
2. Why is Diwali celebrated after 21 days of Dussehra?
Diwali celebrated just after 21 days of Dussehra and because Lord Ram took 21 days to reach his home Ayodhya after killing Ravana. This is a mere coincidence that Diwali falls just after 21 days of Dusshera.
3 . Is Dussehra and Navaratri same ?
No they are not . ‘Navratri’ is a nine day festival, in which Nine different forms of Ma Durga is/ are worshiped each day . However Dusshera is also know as Vijaydashami which translates to a day of Victory on 10th day.
So so sum up you can say that Navaratri is a process while Dussehra is it's output.
4. What are the nine forms of Ma Durga?
(Kalasha Pooja) or Ghata Sthapana – Shailaputri Puja
Second day of Navratri – Preeti Dwitiya – Brahmacharini Puja
Third day of Navaratri – Chandrakanta pooja or Chandraghanta puja
Fourth day of Navaratri – Kushmanda pooja
Fifth day of Navratri – Skandamata Puja – Lalitha Panchami
Sixth day of Navratri – Katyayani Puja – Maha Shashti or Durga Shashti
Seventh day of Navratri – Kaalratri Pooja – Durga Saptami or Maha Sapthami
Eighth day of Navaratri – Maha Gauri Pooja – (Durgashtami Puja/Maha Ashtami/Veerashtami)
Ninth day of Navaratri – Siddhidatri Puja – (Mahanavami/Maharnavami or Durga Navami)
Tenth day of Navratri – Aparajitha Puja or Shami Pooja – Dasara or Vijaya
5. Is Dussehra a good day? Why we burn Ravana on this day ?
Answer to both is same day as it symbolises the victory of light over dark . Victory of Good over Evil.
So yes it is good day and we burn Ravana's effigy to symbolise it.
6. Do people maary on Dussehra?
Yes they do. If you should you ?
Yes you should it's an auspicious day.
7 . What Pooja is done on Dusshera?
There is no specific answer to this question but yes generally Lord Ram is worshipped on this day.
There are instances where Lord Ram's brother Lakshman , Bharat and Shatrughan are also worshipped.
8. How to celebrate Dussehra at home ?
These are the things you can do to celebrate -
1. Organize Saraswati Puja
Goddess Saraswati is the Goddess of knowledge, wisdom, learning, art, music, and speech.
Having Saraswati puja is a tradition during Dusshera. It is a great way to teach children about your traditions and religious beliefs. Also, the puja teaches them to respect and value theirbooks.
The puja is very easy to arrange. You need a symbol of the Goddess that you can plac on a clean chowki. Arrange the books next to the symbol. Then you and your kids can light a diya,offer flowers, haldi, and kumkum to the Goddess. Also, light incense sticks if you don't have Diya 🪔 at home .
2. Create a Ravan Effigy at Home
During Dussehra, Ravan’s effigy is burned. Since you are celebrating the festival at home, it is not possible to burn the effigy. However, you can come with an alternative. Involve all familymembers to make an effigy of Ravan using organic paints and newspaper. Use a toy bow and arrow to shoot it. Make sure that everyone in the family—including the children—takes part in the shooting.
Your youngsters should understand the significance of shooting the Ravan effigy. Tell them that by shooting the effigy, they promise to destroy bad qualities in them and embrace good qualities. It will make them understand the reason behind the act and make a fun activity for the whole family.
3. Have a Story-telling Session
After you finish shooting the effigy, it is time for the entire family to gather around. If you like,you can invite your children’s friends over. Explain
Happy Dusshera Wishes 2022 list
Happy Dusshera wishes 2022, Happy Dusherra wishes ,Upcoming festival 2022 ,
Dusshera wishes 2022 , best Dusshera wishes list
Dusshera Wishes, Best Dusshera Quotes 2022, Messages, Photos, and WhatsApp Status on Vijayadashami
1. May Lord Rama keep lighting your path of success and may you achieve victory in every moment of life. Happy Dussehra 2022!
2. Burn your all ego, hatred and anger within you along with the effigy of Ravana on the on one and only auspicious occasion of Dussehra! - Happy Dusherra 2022 !
3. Happy wishes for a joyous Vijayadashmi! May Goddess Durga grant all your wishes and bless you with good health, success and happiness all the time - Happy Vijayadashami 2022.
4. May all your troubles end this this Dussehra! Sending you good wishes and peace in your family and friends - Happy Dussehra
5. May this Dussehra burn all unhappy and disappointment from earth and bring happiness and prosperity in everyone's life - Happy Dussehra!
6. May Lord Rama bless you with strength and courage in order to follow the path of truth and righteousness. Good wishes for a joyous Dusshera
7. Burn all your pride, hatred and anger within you along with the burning effigy of Ravana on the auspicious occasion of this Dussehra 2022!
8. Let us come together to celebrate this auspicious occasion of good over evil, this Dussehra. May this auspicious day bring lots of love luck and happiness.
9. Just as like Lord Ram destroyed evil from the Earth, I wish that you also successfully removes all negative thoughts from your mind. And Have a happy and prosperous upcoming Dussehra 2022 .
10. Today is the day which reminds us that evil is for short term Final victory is of truth. Wishing you a Happy Happy Dussehra.